Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Marc Ficcarra: USAF Hero murdered in DC...

"I need a little help. On the 20th of January a friend and fellow Air Force member was leaving a club in Adams Morgan. He witnessed a girl getting harrassed by a man who was eventually punched in the face by him. My friend Marc Ficarra went to the girls aid and ran off her assailant. Within minutes the guy returned with 4 friends who jumped him. Marc didn't have a chance. At least one of the assailants had brass knuckles and Marc received multiple head wounds putting him into a coma. After several surgeries and a week of coma Marc died early Sunday morning. I served with Marc in Iraq for four months and was stationed with him at Andrews AFB for two years. You won't find a better man than Marc. These punks who jumped Marc left his three children without a father. As of now there are no leads on the men who jumped him. Some members of the ES community might frequent Adams Morgan or know people who do. Please put the word out there, if anyone has any information or leads about this incident please contact the authorities. We all know when people beat someone down they feel as if they've done some extraordinary feat and want to brag about it. Inevitably someone will brag, when they do I hope someone tells the cops so these individuals can pay for what they've done. It just doesn't seem right that a member of the armed forces goes to a war torn country like Iraq, defends his country just to come home and be killed by the people he fault to protect. It hurts my heart to think of what his family must be going through. Please contact me or contact the police. Thank you all ahead of time."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm devistated to hear this terrible news. I was Marc's supervisor at Howard AFB in Panama', RP. I am living in South Florida and have been trying to get a line on him for the last 6 years. He told me he was getting out of the AF and I thought he was from the Miami area. Marc was a stand-up guy. He was a power lifter and I know he wanted to go professional at the time I supervised him. He did a tremendous job of replacing the condensers on over a dozen one hundred and fifty ton A/C chillers in Panama, this kind of work was done only by factories at that time. I wish I could contact his family and send them a card or something. e7ranger@gmail.com